Sunday, September 16, 2018
Your Money … or Your Life?
Christian stewardship is not just about money … it’s about life. All of life. It is a lifestyle to which God has called us. In reality, stewardship is about every day of life.
Money is not all that stewardship is about, but stewardship doesinclude money.
OUR LORD DELIVERS A NEGATIVE PROHIBITION
Matthew 6:19 (NKJV) “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;
1. God is the source of everything we have. Genesis 2:15
2. God gives us the ability to produce wealth. Deuteronomy 8:18
3. God requires every steward to give an account. Matthew 25:19
OUR LORD ISSUES A POSITIVE ADMONITION: STORE UP TREASURE IN HEAVEN
Matthew 6:20 (NKJV) but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
1. Generosity is God’s goal for every believer. 2 Corinthians 8:7
2. Generosity is stirred by a vision for ministry. 2 Corinthians 8:4
3. Genuine giving involves managing our lifestyle. 1 Timothy 6:6-10
OUR LORD EMPHASIZES A DIVINE CONNECTION
Matthew 6:21 (NKJV) For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
1. Real givers give sacrificially. Luke 21:3-4
2. God measures our giving proportionally. 1 Corinthians 16:2
3. Freedom in giving flows from trust in God. Proverbs 3:9-10
Malachi 3:10–11 (NKJV) Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this,”Says the LORD of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven. And pour out for you such blessing. That there will not be room enough to receive it. 11 “And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,” Says the LORD of hosts;
251 Powell Drive, Jackson, Ohio 45640 740-286-2864
Select Play To Listen To The Sermon